We’ve all been a part of that group project. You know, the project where one person takes the lead, leading some members to conclude their ideas are unwelcome, while a select few ride the others’ coattails.
Thanks to experiences like this, it’s no surprise why so many people have been scarred by the nightmares of past group projects.
And yet, something incredible happens when teamwork happens the way it’s supposed to happen. Things change when everyone on the team is equally invested in the overall purpose and goal. You find yourself working faster, finding mistakes more easily, and innovating better.
Ultimately, you reach a point where you’re certain each person on your team has your back — and both your job satisfaction and performance skyrocket. (Getting inbound certified doesn’t hurt, either.)
To inspire your team to band together and celebrate collaboration, we’ve gathered some of our favorite quotes on the power of teamwork. Flip through the SlideShare below and share how teamwork shapes your work culture.
31 Tweetable Quotes on the Power of Teamwork & Collaboration
1) “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller (Click to Tweet!)
2) “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford (Click to Tweet!)
3) “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes (Click to Tweet!)
4) “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton (Click to Tweet!)
5) “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock (Click to Tweet!)
6) “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie (Click to Tweet!)
7) “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” – Charles Darwin (Click to Tweet!)
8) “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford (Click to Tweet!)
9) “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan (Click to Tweet!)
10) “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson (Click to Tweet!)
11) “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney (Click to Tweet!)
12) “Politeness is the poison of collaboration.” – Edwin Land (Click to Tweet!)
13) “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler (Click to Tweet!)
14) “Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation, and consensus.” – Simon Mainwaring (Click to Tweet!)
15) “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patrick Lencioni (Click to Tweet!)
16) “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall (Click to Tweet!)
17) “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth (Click to Tweet!)
18) “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn (Click to Tweet!)
19) “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” –Napolean Hill (Click to Tweet!)
20) “The whole is other than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka (Click to Tweet!)
21) “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidle (Click to Tweet!)
22) “The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” – Lewis B. Ergen (Click to Tweet!)
23) “Individual commitment to a group effort — that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi (Click to Tweet!)
24) “One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say that individuality counts but teamwork dynamites.” – Jin Kwon (Click to Tweet!)
25) “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman (Click to Tweet!)
26) “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain (Click to Tweet!)
27) “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington (Click to Tweet!)
28) “Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs (Click to Tweet!)
29) “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro (Click to Tweet!)
30) “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” – Virginia Burden (Click to Tweet!)
31) “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” – Mother Teresa (Click to Tweet!)
Article first found on email@example.com (Megan Conley)
If this article was helpful, share it and visit this page with even more digital marketing tips to grow your business.