In today’s world, everything needs to be faster, easier, and free to get our attention. I sometimes wonder how anyone got anything done in the days before the internet.
While on one hand it’s a little scary to realise how much we depend on digital apps to run a business, on the other hand, it also makes our lives a whole lot easier.
Just take a scroll through Google’s Apps Marketplace. You’ll find everything from reporting tools, to accounting software, to business card creators. And as of this week, you can even find HubSpot CRM there.
While we were busy admiring our new listing, we decided to round up a few of the most helpful free tools we also came across. Check them out below.
(Note: While some of the apps on this list do offer paid options with more advanced features, each of them has a free option available.)
The Top 10 Free Apps on the Google App Marketplace
- What is it? A cloud-based all-in-one document viewer and markup tool.
- What does it do? Kami allows you to view, annotate, share, and collaborate on your files on Chrome.
- How can you use it? This tool is particularly useful for folks that frequently collaborate with team members or partners on content or the creation of formal documents such as co-marketing agreements, as it makes it easy to communicate edits.
- What is it? A mind mapping and concept building tool.
- What does it do? Mindomo allows you to visually outline complex concepts, tasks, ideas, and other related information in a structured form.
- How can I use it? When it comes to planning out a marketing campaign, you need to think about content assets, promotional channels, budget allocation, and coordination of a hundred different things to get it to launch. This tool can help to organise your ideas and ensure a smooth transition from concept to campaign.
- What is it? A simple and fast reporting tool for teams.
- What does it do? It quickly generates team reports for managers to review.
- How can I use it? Sometimes it can be hard for managers to spend time with every employee to discuss how things are going. With this free tool you simply fill in your progress, plans, and problems in minutes and it will send an automatic email report to your manager.
- What is it? A free survey tool.
- What does it do? SurveyLegend allows you to create mobile-ready online surveys and forms on your tablet or PC.
- How can I use it? Whether you want to ask for customer feedback, perform buyer persona research, or collect data for a cool piece of content you’re working on, surveys are a part of a marketer’s life. This app allows you to create engaging surveys without installing software and offers real-time results.
- What is it? A free design tool.
- What does it do? The tool allows you to easily create brochures, newsletters, magazines, reports, and more without any design programs or skills.
- How can I use it? Now you can create stunning visual content for print, mobile, or web without relying on your designer or freelancer.
- What is it? A tool that stores email content.
- What does it do? This free tool downloads email messages and file attachments from Gmail and automatically saves them to Google Drive as searchable pdf files.
- How can I use it? You can use the add-on to easily backup important emails, video files, large images, Microsoft Office documents, travel receipts, and other emails from Gmail to your Google Drive.
- What is it? A free accounting software.
- What does it do? It looks after things like time tracking, online invoicing, project management, and auto-billing so you can stay more organised.
- How can I use it? With this tool, you can become more efficient in your project management with clients, freelancers, or agencies. It should also help you with budget allocation and keeping tabs on important information to send to your finance department.
8) HubSpot CRM
- What is it? A free customer relationship management system.
- What does it do? HubSpot CRM keeps track of all of your contacts (prospects, customers, and past customers) and their interactions with your company across the buyer’s journey.
- How can I use it? This free CRM makes it really easy to add, nurture, and track customers along the buyer’s journey. It provides a deals dashboard, call recording, and email templates. It also integrates with the HubSpot Marketing Platform for valuable sales and marketing alignment.
- What is it? A task management tool.
- What does it do? GQueues is a collaborative online task manager for Google and Google Apps users.
- How can I use it? With just a couple of clicks, your emails, web pages, and anything else of interest are added to your task list. Your tasks then appear in your Google Calendar and in your task list on the right-hand side of your calendar.
- What is it? An app to create business cards.
- What does it do? This app enables you to design and print new business cards quickly and easily.
- How can I use it? With just a few clicks you can design some slick, on-brand business cards without needing to bother your designer. Although this app is not 100% free, your first batch of business cards is, and they are a very low price after that to get more printed.
What app are you most excited to try out? Share your thoughts below.
Article first found on email@example.com (Lisa Toner)
If this article was helpful, share it and visit this page with even more digital marketing tips to grow your business.